This post contains some affiliate links. The prices remain the same for you. If you do choose to order any of the products through my affiliate link(s) I thank you for your support. Please see my disclosure for more information. This post is not sponsored in any way.
It’s your lucky day, because today I am going to give you my delicious gluten free, vegan and most importantly chemical free shamrock shake recipe!
Let’s face it, we all look forward to this time of year – Shamrock Shake season! When I was a little girl my family would go to McDonalds every St. Patricks Day and get ourselves some yummy green shakes. That was many years ago though, before I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease and before everyone knew just how toxic shamrock shakes really are.
You are probably wondering how I am able to call this recipe “chemical free” since the shake is green and there is a maraschino cherry on the top. Well, that is because I use magic to take out all of the chemicals… just kidding, I am not a leprechaun (but wouldn’t that be kind of cool?)
If you have been following my blog for a while, you will know that I am absolutely OBSESSED with India Tree Natures Colors plant based food dyes. These dyes are amazing and I use them in lots of things. If you are looking for an amazing, natural food coloring then these are a must! As for the maraschino cherries, Tillen Farms Merry Maraschino Cherries are my savior. To date, these have been the only maraschino cherries that I know of that contain no red dye. Let’s all do a happy dance for no toxic chemicals!
I had my last McDonalds Shamrock Shake 5 years ago and I do NOT miss it at all! Making them at home just adds more fun to this Irish holiday. This recipe is SO easy and you will be enjoying your vegan shamrock shake in less than 5 minutes.
I am going to quit babbling on and on and just let you get to the recipe now! Stay Irish 🍀
Vegan Shamrock Shake - Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Chemical Free
It's your lucky day - indulge in this delicious shamrock shake without the toxic chemicals.
- 1 Pint So Delicious Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream This is my personal favorite, however feel free to use your favorite vegan vanilla ice cream
- 2 Cups Dairy Free Milk I use almond
- 1/2 tsp Flavorganics Organic Peppermint Extract
- 5 Drops Blue India Tree Natures Colors Food Coloring this is just a guide, feel free to add as much or as little coloring as you would like
- 5 Drops Yellow India Tree Natures Colors Food Coloring
- So Delicious Coco Whip For topping
- 2 Tillen Farms Maraschino Cherries These are great and aren't filled with added dyes or chemicals