This post contains some affiliate links. The prices remain the same for you. If you do choose to order any of the products through my affiliate link(s) I thank you for your support. Please see my disclosure for more information. This post is not sponsored in any way.
There is nothing more delicious than a gluten free & vegan cake dressed in some pretty vegan frosting! I have always loved frosting ever since I was a little girl. Something about the pretty colors and designs that I could create using this magical “sweet cake paint,” (haha, yes, that is what I used to call it as a kid) that made me so fond of it.
I used to bake things from scratch with my mother all the time (regular treats, this was many years before I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease), and I remember barely having the patience to allow the cake (or cupcakes) to cool before covering them with icing. This recipe is my mother’s that I adapted to make vegan as I also cannot have dairy.
This Vegan Buttercream Frosting recipe is SO easy and only requires 4 ingredients (5 if you add food coloring)!
All you need is:
- Wholesome Sweet Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1 stick of Earth Balance Vegan Butter (softened)
- Vanilla (this one is my favorite)
- Vegan milk (I use almond milk, but any vegan option works!)
- Food Coloring – OPTIONAL, but SO fun! (I use India Tree Nature’s Colors, plant based food coloring and it works wonderfully).
So get out those mixing bowls, throw on that apron and let’s get to bakin’.